Welcome to Kindergarten!
My name is Carey Belt and I am an Arizona native. I graduated from Northern Arizona University with a Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education with a full SEI (Structured English Immersion) endorsement. I share a home with two dogs (Simba and Bourban) and my supportive husband. My passion is for teaching and each year my love of learning grows. My favorite hobbies include reading young fiction novels, yoga, hiking, and taking trips with family and friends.
My philosophy of education is to foster an environment where responsibility, love of learning, and community is created in the classroom. To develop relationships with my students and parents that promotes life-long learning; provide a safe environment in my classroom. Children are my passion and education is my profession.
I am very excited to start my fifth year at San Tan Charter School! It will be my eighth year of teaching. I believe in the Love and Logic philosophy and how we help students become problem solvers. I truly love the vision and philosophy of San Tan Charter School and together we can help your child reach new heights! I can’t wait to begin this amazing journey.
“Educating the Mind without Educating the Heart,
is no Education at All.”- Aristotle
How I Run My Love and Logic Classroom:
- I will treat you with respect, so you will know how to treat me
- Feel free to do anything that doesn’t cause a problem for anyone else
- If you cause a problem, I will ask you to solve it
- If you can’t solve the problem, or choose not to, I will do something
- What I do, will depend on the special person, and the special situation
- If you feel something is unfair, whisper to me, “I’m not sure that’s fair,” and we will talk